Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Setting up for super macro.


 Buy what is affordable. The canon tubes are pricy, they will make exposures less troublesome. I use a set of simple 1,2and 3 tubes, with a 60mm 2.8 lens. You can stop down the lens by setting it on the camera. pressing the aperture close, for Depth when Un mounting the lens, this locks the aperture in the M
to what F stop you set in the camera. Experiment , You will need a bright light to focus,

I will produce a video on how to do this.  photos to follow.







I will give you a big tip on how to close the diaphragm / aperture on an electronic lens. You will love me for this, just remember me that I showed how its done OK lol.

Right.  This is for canon camera only, tried with nikon, it does not work, hats off to Canon again . love you Canon.
here we Go.  With the lens on the camera. set to AV or M , Set the aperture to your desired setting lets say for good depth F16.  press the stop down button. So when you look through the lans. you can see the depth, OK its going to look dark, For you who have not used the DOF button before, this is located normally by the lens on the body left hand side. Look in your manual!
OK As this is pressed, the aperture is stopped down, At the same time, Press the button to detach the lens , take the lens off. And HaY! presto !  the lens aperture is still stopped down . now you can attach it to the bellows, Extension tubes, IF your not using AUTO tubes, Or reverse lans mount.  Go try it and let me know how you got on. Think I will upload a you tube video on this tonight. have to post this on my macro blog now .

No comments:

Post a Comment